Twin Rivers Charter School
Flood Evacuation Information Sheet
In the event of a flood, the Office of Emergency Services (OES) and Twin Rivers Charter School will operate and coordinate the closure and evacuation of school. Student safety is paramount.
A gradual rise in water levels or other weather conditions may prompt a flood warning. In this case schools will likely be closed ahead of time according to county flood plans and emergency school site evacuation would not be necessary.
An unforeseen emergency such as dam or levee failure that occurs during the school day while students are currently in attendance will prompt a school evacuation. In the case of a school evacuation parents will be notified promptly via auto-dialer, email, and posted announcements in Bloomz and on the TRCS Website.
During a flood evacuation TRCS will seek to reunite students with families to the extent possible and time permitting using the Protocol for Student Pick Up (Designated Area). If prompt reunification is not possible TRCS will implement the TRCS Reunification Plan.
Protocol for Student Pick Up (Designated Area)
- Students will be assigned to a designated area. Students with younger siblings will be assigned to the youngest student’s designated area. *See map attached. TRCS families will be given their student(s) pick up locations during the week of February 21, 2017.
- TK – 2nd Grades: TRCS Parking Lot, 2510 Live Oak Blvd, Yuba City, Ca, 95991
- 3rd – 5th Grades: Northridge Park Behind TRCS, 1898 Clark Ave, Yuba City, CA, 95991
- 6th – 8th Grades: Subdivision behind TRCS, Corner of Clark & Oxford, Yuba City, CA 95991
- Parents will sign out their children with a member of the school staff at this location.
- Only people listed on the Student Contact Information card as emergency contacts or approved carpool drivers may sign out a student.
- During an evacuation your child’s teacher or a school staff member will remain with your child until they are picked up by a family member or person who has permission to pick them up.
- After 45 minutes students will be transported by a TRCS staff member to the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) located at Sutter High School, 2665 Acacia Ave Sutter, CA 95982.
TRCS Reunification Plan
Should we need to vacate TRCS our reunification location will be a county destination point for transportation (dependent on levy break location). Students and staff will walk to this location where we will wait for transportation to take us to the EOC location (Sutter High School, 2665 Acacia Ave Sutter, CA 95982) or await parent reunification if safety and time allow.
Any questions may be directed to the District’s Safety Officer as follows:
Karen Villalobos, Superintendent/Principal
(530) 755-2872 or (530) 218-1909
2/21/2017 version 12:23 p.m.